Sunday, November 8, 2015

Pre-post post!

I'm not even ready to write something. But blank space is so horrible, and my ideas are so jumbled at the moment. And so there will be a pre-post brainstorm post. Here are some things I want to learn more about, and others about which I already have opinions.

Shhhh.... The curtain is not yet up.

  • Love of pre-code films
  • Liminality of the early talkies
  • "Just Imagine" -- queer Mars and evil twins in the Black Lodge
  • Judith Butler? Anyone? Hello?
  • "The Smiling Lieutenant" and the sissy girl slap fight
  • Alas for the flapper!
  • Movies I want to see, but haven't found for free view yet.
  • "Waterloo Bridge" -- Mae Clark smashes grapefruit in Vivien Leigh's face
  • Joan Blondell vs. Jean Harlow in the bath
  • Fandom before video stores
  • Quentin Crisp understands Joan Crawford, sort of
  • Why is William Powell so sexy? Is it just when he reflects the glow of Kay Francis?
  • The inspiration of "The Celluloid Closet"
  • Primary sources -- Lantern Media Search, Open Library, and Internet Archive. Do I really need to re-learn proper citation formats?
  • Will someone get Myrna Loy out of yellowface already? Don't make me call Edward Said.

No comments:

Post a Comment